To laugh or to cry?
At AhMa's house 1 day in my usual visits to play with dearie Cherelle.
It was her feeding time and she's throwing tantrums about drinking the milk. I tried to coax her by pouring the milk into a cup and asking her to drink from it. It worked. All kids like to act grown up. Drinking from the cup gave her a sense of achievement, albeit the fact that her hands were still very unsteady.
When my concentration flicked for a sec, the cup pingpianged to the floor with a wondrous splash of the while coloured drink onto the floor, the sides of the sofa, my wallet sticking out of my bag and the outsides of my bag.
AhMa: ORH see la see la! ah ni pai si!
Cherelle looked at me with her innocent big eyes, glinting with a mixture of gulit, horror and amazement of a baby kid.
As I raced through my mind in those milliseconds thinking of ways to pacify her, this little tot cooed: IT OK, NEBER MINE NEBER MINE. IT OK", all the while waving her tiny hands at me.
She.Was.Pacifying.Me.
I laughed til I cried.
Saturday, July 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment