Friday, June 24, 2011

I lie here on my bed wondering what this holiday did to me.

A HK$500 lesson.

It's been on my mind since n I can't shake it off just yet.

Was outside Wong Tai Sin temple when an elderly woman walked up to us n shove a packet of joss sticks onto Sis. Pissed off at the aggression, I told Sis we will not buy.

It was only after we walked off that Sis said she is asking for only hk$10.

In my heated moments I had assumed she will surely rip us off. After all the joss sticks are free in the temple, so ANY amount is a rip off anyway. But hk$10?? Really?? I had a chance to walk back n buy from her. I didn't.

A sharp tinge of guilt n shame surged. What have I done?

It was Typhoon Signal 3 hoisted. Ah Ma was most probably earning her lunch. And maybe dinner.

Bad judgement calls. Bad Chub.

Serves her right to slot in the hk$500 note to the charity box in the temple when she had intended only 50.

Even Deity Wong can't stand Chub then.

No comments: