I know International Friends' Week has past (or has it?), but i still wish to celebrate my friends.
You'll reach an age when it's not about how many friends anymore, it's about WHO they are.
And I so love mine.
In Sunny Singapore, there arent really trying circumstances for us to test our resilience. Not that we ever need them. There ARE already enough situations to make you see WHO your friends are. Sometimes, even outside of Singapore.
I have not noticed when it was that the word Friend has taken on a totally new meaning. You've spent your whole life with this word and suddenly it's presenting a different facet to you.
But i've noticed my ATTITUDE's changed though. I don't bother taking initiatives anymore with people who doesnt fall into my self-thoughtout definition. This is definitely non-offensive. It's purely from my own respect.
I used to have thoughts like: Hey but we just met, why are we meeting again?
Not anymore.
I realised that Friends are people whom you can meet and see everyday without feeling bored. you do not even notice you met last month, last week, yesterday or a few hours ago. for the same matter, you also do not sense the long period of non-meeting.
Fact is, you do not feel the sense of absence exactly because they are already in your heart.
Ok now you'll say you'll miss certain people when you don't see them for a period, so hey isnt that noticing the absence? No. It's not. It's accentuating their places in your heart.
Don't get it?
Nvm.
I do.
and it's all that matters.
I always feel Three aint enough. Million cheers to You, Chub's Friend.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment